In 2014, our plan is to take the next step in walking-out the vision God gave Pastor Steve in 1987 by adding an element of being more mobile than ever. From the beginning the vision was about getting out to the people, rather than expecting the people to come to us in a church building. So, we want to establish a mobile church to help take this idea of being out in public to the next level. We want to be ready to go mobile at any time and be prepared to set up a service anywhere, anytime, kind of like having a moving tabernacle!
Mobile Church refers to doing a service out in public somewhere other than where we usually gather (often on the last day of each month).
Here are the dates for 2014:
- January 19th - Metro Worship Service at 11am - Santa Monica Library Auditorium, 601 SM Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401
- March 30th - Community Fun Day at 11am - Palisades Recreation Center, 851 Alma Real Dr, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
- April 18th - Good Friday Service & Baptism - Santa Monica Beach (just north of SM Pier)
- April 20th - Easter in the Park at 11am - Temescal Gateway Park, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
- May 25th - Mobile Church Service at 11am - Santa Monica Beach (on the sand at Annenberg Beach House)
- June 29th - Community Fun Day - Block Party at 11am - Glen Alla Park, Marina Del Rey
- July 27th - Metro Beach Day & Baptism at 11am - Will Rogers State Beach, Lifeguard Tower 6, (just north of Temescal Canyon Road)
- August 31st - Community Fun Day - Block Party at 11am - Clover Park, 2600 Ocean Park Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90405
- September 28th - Mobile Church Service at 11am - Virginia Avenue Park, 2200 Virginia Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90404